Note: You can click on any of these pictures to see the 900 pixel version.
My first stop was at the McFadden Lookout on top of the mountain before dropping down into Young. Here are a couple of pictures as the sun was coming up.
Young is in Pleasant Valley and some history of the Pleasant Valley War can be found here. The area reminds me of Mule Creek, New Mexico - grassy prairie.
The town is as neat as a pin. Of course the only thing I take pictures of are old buildings.
Just east of Heber/Overgaard I came across the path of the Rodeo-Chediski fire of 2002. Miles of destruction and waste.
The weather threatened all day and finally let loose with some sleet while I was on the forest road.
Before dropping down into the Salt River Canyon, I decided on a detour to Cibecue on the Apache Reservation. I thought the dome might be a casino, turns out it is the high school.
Then on through the Salt River Canyon.
At the bottom of the canyon stood this faux-jail. It made for an interesting subject.














No comments:
Post a Comment